Steel pipes and tubes industry is one of the important segments of the Indian steel sector. It contributes around 12% of the India’s steel consumption. Steel pipes & tubes are long hollow sections that are used for a variety of purposes. They are produced by two methods which result in either a welded or seamless pipe. In the both processes, raw steel is first cast into a more workable starting form. It is then made into a pipe by drawing the steel out into a seamless tube or forcing the edges to join together by welding. These are used mainly to convey fluids, and pneumatic conveying of solids. It can also be used as building material for structural applications. They are employed to protect electrical wires. They also find utility in automobiles, heating and plumbing systems, flagpoles and street lamps to name a few.
Now let us see the different types of steel pipes & tubes:
1. Structural Steel Tube: The tubes employed in constructions are known as structural tubes. They encompass strength, tolerance, and other beneficial properties that make them the right choice for building purposes. They find their usage in a myriad of constructional purposes like building towers, bridges, cranes, highway guardrails, and sign supports, etc. They are also referred to as high-strength welded steel tubes or HSS. The structural tubes are of three types – Rectangular Hollow Sections, Square Hollow Sections, and Round Hollow Sections. Structural steel tubes are used in construction of urban infrastructure, warehousing and affordable housing
2. Nav Bharat Pipe: Nav Bharat Tubes limited has been constantly implementing regular as well as personalized/customized orders for Stainless steel welded pipes to meet the need and requirements of several sectors. Along with this, we have a reliable source of quality pipes. We are a trusted brand for many years in the global market.
3. Ductile Iron Pipe: Ductile iron pipe is made of ductile cast iron commonly used for potable water transmission. These pipes are manufactured by centrifugal casting.
4. Precision Tube: Precision Tubes are widely used in making shock absorber, gas spring applications, tie rods, propeller shafts etc. These tubes are manufactured from high grade steel and are tested on various International as well as Indian standards. They are also used for manufacturing white goods.
5. Water Line Pipe: Steel pipes are comparatively expensive, but they are the strongest and most durable of all water supply pipes. They find their usage in water transportation for irrigation, industrial water lines and many more.